The Mortgage Process in Calgary
The home buying process starts with figuring out what you can afford to purchase. A 10 minute conversation with our mortgage partner will provide clarity about what you can afford or what you need to work on to be able to reach your home ownership goals!
As early as a year prior to purchasing, our mortgage partner starts working with our clients to position them for success in the home buying process. We want this to be an enjoyable experience for our clients. For that reason, we’ve broken the mortgage process down into 3 simple steps.
Check out our Calgary mortgage process guide below, and keep reading to see all the steps to obtaining a mortgage.
- Schedule a 10-minute mortgage call to discuss your home ownership goals and timeline. Calls are available on evenings and weekends!
Forward your documents to our mortgage partner. Documents are accepted via, Scan & email, photos via text or dropping off directly at our Inglewood office. Documents Required - A letter of Employment and your most recent pay stub A history of down the down payment funds
- Our mortgage partner will review your documents, check your Credit Score and issue a pre-approval letter stating your Maximum Purchase Price and an estimated monthly mortgage payment.
MMG Mortgages Guaranteed Pre-Approval Process
We pride ourselves on our experience and ability to finance even the most unique client and property scenarios. Our pre-approval process involves a complete review of your employment and down payment documentation and a full credit check so that we completely understand your situation. Our Guaranteed Pre-Approval allows clients to go into a competitive offer scenario, knowing that their home financing will go through without issue and on a tighter timeline. We are so confident in our process that we will pay $750.00 to any client who has been issued a guaranteed mortgage approval and not secured financing.
What To Expect - Here’s what you’ll get out of talking to our Mortgage Broker about a Mortgages Pre-Approval
- You’ll know exactly what you can afford. None of this falling in love with a house and then not being able to afford it business!
- You’ll know what areas of your application need work before you submit an offer.
- Eliminate the stress and make your home purchase more enjoyable.
- You’ll be confident that your financing is in order and gain negotiating power.
Our impact partner Renee Huse makes getting mortgages easy, very few mortgage brokers utilize this level of technology making your approval journey and experience m
- Online application process, no need to drive across the city for meetings!
- Don’t like using a printer?No big deal! Sign your documents electronically!
- Don’t have your Personal Tax documentation? Sign our agreement(electronically) and we will collect for you directly from the Canada Revenue Agency!
- Don’t have your bank statements? No big deal!We’ll send you a link to access your statements and send them securely to us!
Our mortgage partners have access to rates and products from the big banks, as well as mono-line lenders, this means you're able to pick the absolute best mortgage product available on the market which isn't just about getting the best rates, there are terms you MUST discuss with your mortgage partner that will matter to you, and the decision you make on which mortgage product is best for you and your next Calgary home purchase.
This mortgage calculator can be used to figure out monthly payments of a home mortgage loan, based on the home's sale price, the term of the loan desired, buyer's down payment percentage, and the loan's interest rate.
This calculator factors in PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance) for loans where less than 20% is put as a down payment. Also taken into consideration are the town property taxes, and their effect on the total monthly mortgage payment.
This mortgage calculator can be used to figure out monthly payments of a home mortgage loan, based on the home's sale price, the term of the loan desired, buyer's down payment percentage, and the loan's interest rate. This calculator factors in PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance) for loans where less than 20% is put as a down payment. Also taken into consideration are the town property taxes, and their effect on the total monthly mortgage payment.