Grade 7 184
Grade 8 175
Grade 9 186
- We are the "essence of diversity" with a wonderful multicultural population. The Core program has a focus on literacy initiatives that support academic excellence across the curriculum. We also offer a Pace Learning Program (PLP) and an English as a Second Language (ESL) cohort.
- All students participate in a daily physical education program.
- Our exploratory program boasts a wide number of experiences including
Fine arts: art, band, drama, French, dance, jazz band and performing arts.
Practical arts: computer applications, construction, graphics, programming, foods, fashion, film studies, multimedia, design thinking, robotics, and environmental/outdoor education.
- We have a community partnership with the law firm Norton Rose Fullbright Canada LLP / S.E.N.C.R.L., s.r.l. which provides program support, awards and recognition, and a variety of educational opportunities.
- We have strong parental support through the School Council and our volunteer program.
English Language Learners (ELL)
Diverse programming opportunities for students who speak English as a second language. In addition to classroom teachers, and ELL designate works closely with these students. For more information visit the CBE ELL webpage.
Paced Learning Program (PLP)
System program for students with mild/moderate cognitive disabilities who require the support of an individualized program in a small group setting. Generally, the ratio of students to staff is 6:1. A full description is in the PLP Program.
Teaching and Learning Teams help teachers address the educational needs of students. It is the Team’s function to get input from staff regarding academic progress, behavior, and strategies for advancing student progress. Ongoing communication between parents, teachers, and students is important to improve performance and work towards success.