The community was first developed in the 60s via the Kelwood group, and you'll find various types of properties throughout! An ideally situated community in Calgary, due to it's extremely close proximity to Deerfoot trail, as well as it's 10 bus routes throughout with plenty of stops spread throughout the community. You'll find that most of the homes here are single family detached residences at 80% (many with 4+ bedroom options) with the remaining portion being mainly comprised of smaller apartment style condominium buildings. Renters only make up for 10% of the demographics in this area and the remaining (90%) being homeowners. There's a convenient shopping area in the neighborhood that provides a grocery store, restaurants, and other services. The Average household income has been reported around the $190,000 mark while the average individual income hovers around $80,000 and over 57% of households in the area have children. The most populated age bracket is between the ages of 50 and 64 with over 22% of residents falling in this range, while 35-49 is followed closely behind at 21%, followed by 65 - 79 making up 16% and finally the fourth most popular age range being between 20-34 coming in at 12%.
Condominiums in this community typically start around the $225,000 - $230,000 mark and can go over $500,000, however at this upper price range the offerings are immaculate and impressive.
Single Family Home prices typically will come in at the high 400's but can reach into the millions for homes that are lake front.
Some of the best views to take in can be found along streets like Lake Erie Way, Lake Placid Drive, Lake Lousie Way, Lake Moraine Way, as well as the 4 lake placid (green) streets. With the 50+ acre lake being just steps away from the doorsteps of these properties. From floating to fishing, and of course swimming, these waterfront properties are popular for outdoor enthusiasts.